The omohyoid muscle is an infrahyoid muscle of the neck. It consists of two muscular bellies which are connected via a muscular tendon.
- Superior belly arises from the hyoid bone and inferior belly arises from the scapula.
- Two muscle bellies are connected by an intermediate tendon, which is anchored to the clavicle by the deep cervical fascia.
- Actions: Depresses the hyoid bone.
- Innervation: Anterior rami of C1-C3, carried by a branch of the ansa cervicalis.
- Blood Supply: Superior thyroid artery (branch of the external carotid artery) and inferior thyroid artery (branch of the thyrocervical trunk).